Announcing Emacspeak 54.0—EZDog!
The enjoyment of one's tools is an essential ingredient of successful work. – Donald E. Knuth
1 For Immediate Release:
San Jose, CA, (May 3, 2021)
1.1 Emacspeak 54.0 (EZDog) Unleashed! 🦮
— Making Accessible Computing EZ Again!
Advancing Accessibility In The Age Of User-Aware Interfaces — Zero cost of Ownership makes priceless software Universally affordable!
Emacspeak Inc (NASDOG: ESPK) — http://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak announces immediate world-wide availability of Emacspeak 54.0 (EZDog) 🦮 — a powerful audio desktop that leverages today's evolving Data, Social and Assistant-Oriented Internet cloud to enable working efficiently and effectively from anywhere!
2 Investors Note:
With several prominent tweeters expanding coverage of #emacspeak, NASDOG: ESPK has now been consistently trading over the social net at levels close to that once attained by DogCom high-fliers—and as of May 2021 is trading at levels close to that achieved by once better known stocks in the tech sector.
3 What Is It?
Emacspeak is a fully functional audio desktop that provides complete eyes-free access to all major 32 and 64 bit operating environments. By seamlessly blending live access to all aspects of the Internet such as ubiquitous assistance, Web-surfing, blogging, remote software development, social computing and electronic messaging into the audio desktop, Emacspeak enables speech access to local and remote information with a consistent and well-integrated user interface. A rich suite of task-oriented tools provides efficient speech-enabled access to the evolving assistant-oriented social Internet cloud.
4 Major Enhancements:
- Faster Startup 🛱
- MP3 Files In Dired 🎹
- Dynamic playlist support with m-player 🎶
- Gopher And Gemini ♊
- Emacs 28 with native compilation 🚅
- Updated Soundscapes 🐦
- Updated wizards🧙
- Updated URL templates 🕷
- Capitalization And AllCaps 💼
Updated keymaps and keybindings ⌨
— And a lot more than will fit this margin. … 🗞
Note: This version requires emacs-27.1 or later.
5 Establishing Liberty, Equality And Freedom:
Never a toy system, Emacspeak is voluntarily bundled with all major Linux distributions. Though designed to be modular, distributors have freely chosen to bundle the fully integrated system without any undue pressure—a documented success for the integrated innovation embodied by Emacspeak. As the system evolves, both upgrades and downgrades continue to be available at the same zero-cost to all users. The integrity of the Emacspeak codebase is ensured by the reliable and secure Linux platform and the underlying GIT versioning software used to develop and distribute the system.
Extensive studies have shown that thanks to these features, users consider Emacspeak to be absolutely priceless. Thanks to this wide-spread user demand, the present version remains priceless as ever—it is being made available at the same zero-cost as previous releases.
At the same time, Emacspeak continues to innovate in the area of eyes-free Assistance and social interaction and carries forward the well-established Open Source tradition of introducing user interface features that eventually show up in luser environments.
On this theme, when once challenged by a proponent of a crash-prone but well-marketed mousetrap with the assertion "Emacs is a system from the 70's", the creator of Emacspeak evinced surprise at the unusual candor manifest in the assertion that it would take popular idiot-proven interfaces until the year 2070 to catch up to where the Emacspeak audio desktop is today. Industry experts welcomed this refreshing breath of Courage Certainty and Clarity (CCC) at a time when users are reeling from the Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) unleashed by complex software systems backed by even more convoluted press releases.
6 Independent Test Results:
Independent test results have proven that unlike some modern (and not so modern) software, Emacspeak can be safely uninstalled without adversely affecting the continued performance of the computer. These same tests also revealed that once uninstalled, the user stopped functioning altogether. Speaking with Aster Labrador, the creator of Emacspeak once pointed out that these results re-emphasize the user-centric design of Emacspeak; “It is the user — and not the computer– that stops functioning when Emacspeak is uninstalled!”.
6.1 Note from Aster,Bubbles and Tilden:
UnDoctored Videos Inc. is looking for volunteers to star in a video demonstrating such complete user failure.
7 Obtaining Emacspeak:
Emacspeak can be downloaded from GitHub — see https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak you can visit Emacspeak on the WWW at http://emacspeak.sf.net. You can subscribe to the emacspeak mailing list — email@example.com. The Emacspeak Blog is a good source for news about recent enhancements and how to use them.
The latest development snapshot of Emacspeak is always available at GitHub.
- Emacspeak 54.0 (EZDog) learns to take it easy from Tilden.
- Emacspeak 53.0 (EfficientDog) focuses on efficiency.
- Emacspeak 52.0 (WorkAtHomeDog) makes working remotely a pleasurable experience.
- Bigger and more powerful than any smart assistAnt, AssistDog provides
instant access to the most relevant information at all times.
- Emacspeak 50.0 (SageDog) embraces the wisdom of stability as opposed to rapid change and the concomitant creation of bugs.🚭: Naturally Intelligent (NI)™ at how information is spoken, Emacspeak
is entirely free of Artificial Ingredients (AI)™.
- Emacspeak 49.0 (WiseDog) leverages the wisdom gleaned from earlier releases to provide an enhanced auditory experience.
- Emacspeak 48.0 (ServiceDog) builds on earlier releases to provide continued end-user value.
- Emacspeak 47.0 (GentleDog) goes the next step in being helpful while letting users learn and grow.
- Emacspeak 46.0 (HelpfulDog) heralds the coming of Smart Assistants.
- Emacspeak 45.0 (IdealDog) is named in recognition of Emacs' excellent integration with various programming language environments — thanks to this, Emacspeak is the IDE of choice for eyes-free software engineering.
- Emacspeak 44.0 continues the steady pace of innovation on the audio desktop.
- Emacspeak 43.0 brings even more end-user efficiency by leveraging the ability to spatially place multiple audio streams to provide timely auditory feedback.
- Emacspeak 42.0 while moving to GitHub from Google Code continues to innovate in the areas of auditory user interfaces and efficient, light-weight Internet access.
- Emacspeak 41.0 continues to improve on the desire to provide not just equal, but superior access — technology when correctly implemented can significantly enhance the human ability.
- Emacspeak 40.0 goes back to Web basics by enabling efficient access to large amounts of readable Web content.
- Emacspeak 39.0 continues the Emacspeak tradition of increasing the breadth of user tasks that are covered without introducing unnecessary bloatware.
- Emacspeak 38.0 is the latest in a series of award-winning releases from Emacspeak Inc.
- Emacspeak 37.0 continues the tradition of delivering robust software as reflected by its code-name.
- Emacspeak 36.0 enhances the audio desktop with many new tools including full EPub support — hence the name EPubDog.
- Emacspeak 35.0 is all about teaching a new dog old tricks — and is aptly code-named HeadDog in on of our new Press/Analyst contact. emacspeak-34.0 (AKA Bubbles) established a new beach-head with respect to rapid task completion in an eyes-free environment.
- Emacspeak-33.0 AKA StarDog brings unparalleled cloud access to the audio desktop.
- Emacspeak 32.0 AKA LuckyDog continues to innovate via open technologies for better access.
- Emacspeak 31.0 AKA TweetDog — adds tweeting to the Emacspeak desktop.
- Emacspeak 30.0 AKA SocialDog brings the Social Web to the audio desktop—you cant but be social if you speak!
- Emacspeak 29.0—AKAAbleDog—is a testament to the resilliance and innovation embodied by Open Source software—it would not exist without the thriving Emacs community that continues to ensure that Emacs remains one of the premier user environments despite perhaps also being one of the oldest.
- Emacspeak 28.0—AKA PuppyDog—exemplifies the rapid pace of development evinced by Open Source software.
- Emacspeak 27.0—AKA FastDog—is the latest in a sequence of upgrades that make previous releases obsolete and downgrades unnecessary.
- Emacspeak 26—AKA LeadDog—continues the tradition of introducing innovative access solutions that are unfettered by the constraints inherent in traditional adaptive technologies.
- Emacspeak 25 —AKA ActiveDog —re-activates open, unfettered access to online information.
- Emacspeak-Alive —AKA LiveDog —enlivens open, unfettered information access with a series of live updates that once again demonstrate the power and agility of open source software development.
- Emacspeak 23.0 — AKA Retriever—went the extra mile in fetching full access.
- Emacspeak 22.0 —AKA GuideDog —helps users navigate the Web more effectively than ever before.
- Emacspeak 21.0 —AKA PlayDog —continued the Emacspeak tradition of relying on enhanced productivity to liberate users.
- Emacspeak-20.0 —AKA LeapDog —continues the long established GNU/Emacs tradition of integrated innovation to create a pleasurable computing environment for eyes-free interaction.
- emacspeak-19.0 –AKA WorkDog– is designed to enhance user productivity at work and leisure.
- Emacspeak-18.0 –code named GoodDog– continued the Emacspeak tradition of enhancing user productivity and thereby reducing total cost of ownership.
- Emacspeak-17.0 –code named HappyDog– enhances user productivity by exploiting today's evolving WWW standards.
- Emacspeak-16.0 –code named CleverDog– the follow-up to SmartDog– continued the tradition of working better, faster, smarter.
- Emacspeak-15.0 –code named SmartDog–followed up on TopDog as the next in a continuing series of award-winning audio desktop releases from Emacspeak Inc.
- Emacspeak-14.0 –code named TopDog–was
the first release of this millennium.
- Emacspeak-13.0 –codenamed YellowLab– was the closing release of the 20th. century.
- Emacspeak-12.0 –code named GoldenDog– began leveraging the evolving semantic WWW to provide task-oriented speech access to Webformation.
- Emacspeak-11.0 –code named Aster– went the final step in making Linux a zero-cost Internet access solution for blind and visually impaired users.
- Emacspeak-10.0 –(AKA Emacspeak-2000) code named WonderDog– continued the tradition of award-winning software releases designed to make eyes-free computing a productive and pleasurable experience.
- Emacspeak-9.0 –(AKA Emacspeak 99) code named BlackLab– continued to innovate in the areas of speech interaction and interactive accessibility.
- Emacspeak-8.0 –(AKA Emacspeak-98++) code named BlackDog– was a major upgrade to the speech output extension to Emacs.
- Emacspeak-95 (code named Illinois) was released as OpenSource on the Internet in May 1995 as the first complete speech interface to UNIX workstations. The subsequent release, Emacspeak-96 (code named Egypt) made available in May 1996 provided significant enhancements to the interface. Emacspeak-97 (Tennessee) went further in providing a true audio desktop. Emacspeak-98 integrated Internetworking into all aspects of the audio desktop to provide the first fully interactive speech-enabled WebTop.
9 About Emacspeak:
Originally based at Cornell (NY) — http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman —home to Auditory User Interfaces (AUI) on the WWW, Emacspeak is now maintained on GitHub —https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak. The system is mirrored world-wide by an international network of software archives and bundled voluntarily with all major Linux distributions. On Monday, April 12, 1999, Emacspeak became part of the Smithsonian's Permanent Research Collection on Information Technology at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History.
The Emacspeak mailing list is archived at Vassar –the home of the Emacspeak mailing list– thanks to Greg Priest-Dorman, and provides a valuable knowledge base for new users. Note that we are currently looking for a new home for the mailing list — stay tuned; in the meantime, the list is available via nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.emacspeak.general from within Gnus.
10 Press/Analyst Contact: Tilden Labrador
Going forward, Tilden acknowledges his exclusive monopoly on setting the direction of the Emacspeak Audio Desktop (🦮) and promises to exercise this freedom to innovate and her resulting power responsibly (as before) in the interest of all dogs.
*About This Release:
Windows-Free (WF) is a favorite battle-cry of The League Against Forced Fenestration (LAFF). –see http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm for details on the ill-effects of Forced Fenestration.
CopyWrite )C( Aster, Hubbell and Tilden Labrador. All Writes Reserved. HeadDog (DM), LiveDog (DM), GoldenDog (DM), BlackDog (DM) etc., are Registered Dogmarks of Aster, Hubbell and Tilden Labrador. All other dogs belong to their respective owners.