Magit/Forge Fork And Create Pull-Request Cheat-Sheet For GitHub
The previous article covered the fork/create-pullreq workflow for
GitHub without using a browser.
It turns out that in learning by doing, I had made a few mis-steps
that made things a lot more convoluted. Here is a quick cheat-sheet on
how to do this exclusively with Magit/Forge.
- Run M-x magit-status on your Git clone of the project to
which you wish to contribute.
- Add your GitHub user-id "tvraman" in my case to forge custom
- In the magit-status buffer above, type 'cf to create the fork
and answer the prompts with the defaults as they appear in the minibuffer.
- Create your feature branch, add your contribution and check-in.
- In the magit-status buffer, type 'cp to create the
Share And Enjoy!