Listening To Multiple Media Streams On The Emacspeak Audio Desktop
1 Executive Summary
The GitHub version of Emacspeak now supports launching and controlling
multiple media streams. This enables one to listen to the news while
playing a music stream, or relaxing nature sounds.
2 Sample Usage
Here are some examples of using this feature:
- Launch your favorite news station — BBC World Service in my
case — C-e ; RET.
- Place the News on the left channel — C-e ; (.
- Persist the currently playing News stream by invoking command
emacspeak-m-player-persist-stream bound to C-e ; \. This lets
you launch a second stream via Emacspeak media key C-e ; rather
than controlling the currently playing stream.
- Launch a classical music media-stream — C-e ; lu RET for a lullaby
- Now Emacspeak M-Player commands will control the most recently
launched stream; you can once again invoke command
emacspeak-m-player-persist-stream if you wish.
- The previously launched (and still playing) News stream is now in a
emacspeak-wizards-view-buffers-filtered-by-m-player-mode can be
used to list buffers that hold a live
m-playerinstance. It is
bound to b in
emacspeak-m-player-mode. I also bind this command
to C-; ; in my global keymap.
- You can make an M-Player instance current by switching to its
buffer and invoking command emacspeak-m-player-restore-process
bound to / in
Share And Enjoy–